Thursday, October 16, 2014

I only want a bottle of Quillivant XR; is that too much to ask?

I took Dame Littlebit to the psychiatrist for the first time on Tuesday for an ADHD evaluation.  Really, it was just a formality, with two other kids with it, and having it myself, I am pretty certain that I know.  Because of her size--less than 30 pounds and under 40 inches--the doctor was wary of giving her Daytrana like her brother.  You are not supposed to cut Daytrana in half to reduce the dose and she cannot swallow pills and we were concerned about cutting or crushing pills.   Thus, we decided on the liquid.

I take the script to the local Rite-Aid pharmacy during my lunch hour yesterday--the clinic where I normally fill my prescriptions does not carry Quillivant (or Daytrana).  They have the medicine, but the script was for half the amount of the smallest bottle.  I call the clinic.  The prescribing doctor was working in one of his other offices and would not be back until this afternoon, so I ended up driving back out to his office after work.  Luckily he is coming to get a patient as I am walking in.  Since he knew why I was there, I handed him the no-good script and a few minutes later, I walked out with the new script and headed back to the pharmacy.  An hour later, Dame Littlebit, Sir Bubs, and I walk out with the the medicine and a treat per child for behaving.

Tomorrow we shall see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Amazon

Neurobiologix