Friday, December 12, 2014

About Me

You may be wondering where I got "with a smile and grace and a funny face" but it just came to me.  The meaning came later.  It is my approach to life.  A smile because I appreciate what God has blessed me with and I should be friendly towards others; grace because I can only succeed by the grace of God and because I should be gracious in my interactions with all other people; and finally the funny face refers to the fact that if one lacks a sense of humor, especially at the absurd, life on this rock will be very trying indeed.

I am married with three children.  I was diagnosed with ADHD 2 1/2 years ago after a lifetime of never performing up to my potential.  The sad thing is that I knew I was not performing well, but never knew what the problem was.  I would keep "trying harder" only to have my attempts result in crashing and burning. All three of my children have ADHD...it is hereditary...and the younger two also are non-verbal autistic.

My husband and I homeschool our kids in between their myriad of therapies and us trying to earn enough money to keep a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food in our tummies (and pay the insurance premiums for said therapies and our medications...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Amazon

Neurobiologix